- Congratulations to Tadas and the Glucose Gang on the acceptance of their manuscript “Microporous Polymer Scaffolds for the Transplantation of Embryonic Stem Cell Derived Pancreatic Progenitors to a Clinically Translatable Site for the Treatment of Type I Diabetes” to ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering.
- Congratulations to Rachel and Brian for the acceptance of their manuscript entitled “Biomaterial scaffolds as pre-metastatic niche mimics systemically alter the primary tumor and tumor microenvironment” in Advanced Healthcare Materials.
- Congratulations to Jeff for acceptance of his paper “Evaluation of biomaterial scaffold delivery of IL-33 as a localized immunomodulatory agent to support cell transplantation in adipose tissue.” in Journal of Immunology and Regenerative Medicine.
- Congratulations to Liam on the acceptance of his paper entitled “Conjugation of transforming growth factor beta to antigen-loaded poly(lactide-co-glycolide) nanoparticles enhances efficiency of antigen-specific tolerance” in Bioconjugate Chemistry.
- Congratulations to Smitty and Joe on the acceptance of their manuscript titled “Embryonic Stem Cell Secreted Factors Decrease Invasiveness of Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Cells Through Regulome Modulation” to Cancer Biology and Therapy.
- Congratulations to Jeff for successfully defending his thesis!
- Congratulations to Briana and Tadas for acceptance of their manuscript “Take a deep breath and digest the material: organoids and biomaterials of the respiratory and digestive systems.” in MRS Communications.
- Congratulations to Dr. Jeruss, Joe, and Shreyas on the acceptance of their paper entitled “Synergistic effect of eribulin and CDK inhibition for the treatment of triple negative breast cancer” to in Oncotarget
- Congratulations to Alex for successfully defending her dissertation!
- Congratulations to Liam Casey for receiving 2nd place in Best Oral Presentation at the 2017 University of Michigan ChE Graduate Symposium.
- Congratulations to Ryan Pearson, Liam Casey, and Kevin Hughes on the acceptance of their review manuscript entitled “In vivo reprogramming of immune cells: Technologies for induction of antigen-specific tolerance” in Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews.
- Congratulations to Ryan Pearson, Liam Casey, and Kevin Hughes on the acceptance of their manuscript entitled “Controlled Delivery of Single or Multiple Antigens in Tolerogenic Nanoparticles Using Peptide-Polymer Bioconjugates” in Molecular Therapy.
- Congratulations to Brian Aguado, Grace Bushnell, and Shreyas Rao on the acceptance of their review manuscript entitled “Engineering the Pre-Metastatic Niche” in Nature Biomedical Engineering.
- Congratulations to Michael Skoumal on successfully defending his thesis on 3/28/2017.
- Congratulations to Robert Kuo on successfully defending his thesis on 3/28/2017.
- Congratulations to Joe Decker, Eric Hobson, Yining Zhang, and colleagues on the acceptance of their manuscript entitled “Systems analysis of dynamic transcription factor activity identifies targets for treatment in olaparib resistant cancer cells” in Biotechnology and bioengineering.
- Congratulations to Robert Kuo, Eiji Saito, and colleagues on the acceptance of their manuscript entitled “Peptide-conjugated nanoparticles reduce positive co-stimulatory expression and T cell activity to induce tolerance” in Molecular Therapy.
- “Advances in islet encapsulation strategies” is published in Nature Reviews Drug Discovery.
- Congratulations to Daniel Margul, Jonghyuck Park, and colleagues on the acceptance of their manuscript entitled “Reducing neuroinflammation by delivery of IL-10 encoding lentivirus from multiple-channel bridges.” in Bioengineering and Translational Medicine.
- Congratulations to Briana Dye and colleagues on the acceptance of their manuscript entitled “A bioengineered niche promotes in vivo engraftment and maturation of pluripotent stem cell derived human lung organoids” in eLIFE.
- “Detection of extracellular matrix modification in cancer models with inverse spectroscopic optical coherence tomography” is published in Physics in Medicine and Biology.
- Congratulations to Stephanie Seidlits and Beatriz Penalver Bernabe on the acceptance of their manuscript entitled “Dynamic transcription factor activity networks in response to independently altered mechanical and adhesive microenvironmental cues” in Integrative Biology.
- Congratulations to Shreyas Rao and Team Tumor on the acceptance of the manuscript titled “Enhanced survival with implantable scaffolds that capture metastatic breast cancer cells in vivo” in Cancer Research.
- Congratulations to Daniel Margul on successfully defending his thesis on 6/24/2016.
- Congratulations to Courtney Dumont and Daniel Margul on the acceptance of their manuscript entitled “Tissue engineering approaches to modulate the inflammatory milieu following spinal cord injury” in Cells Tissues Organs.
- Congratulations to Liam Casey, whose poster entitled “Co-delivery of TGF-ß with antigen-loaded particles induces regulatory T Cells and enhances tolerance induction” was awarded 1st place at the University of Michigan 2016 Microfluidics and Biointerfaces Symposium.
- Congratulations to Peter Rios on the acceptance of his manuscript entitled “Mold-Casted Non-Degradable, Islet Macro-encapsulating Hydrogel Devices for Restoration of Normoglycemia in Diabetic Mice.” in Biotechnology and Bioengineering.
- Congratulations to Woon Teck Yap and Ryan Pearson on the acceptance of their manuscript entitled “Biodegradable Antigen-Associated PLG Nanoparticles Tolerize Th2 Mediated Allergic Airway Inflammation Pre- and Post-Sensitization” in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The research has been highlighted by several media outlets, including Scientific American.
- Congratulations to Michael Skoumal on the acceptance of his manuscript entitled “Localized lentivirus delivery via peptide interaction” to Biotechnology and Bioengineering.
- Congratulations to Brian Aguado (and Team Tumor) on the acceptance of his manuscript entitled “Extracellular matrix mediators of metastatic cell colonization characterized using scaffold mimics of the pre-metastatic niche” to Acta Biomateriala.
- Congratulations to Dylan on the acceptance of his manuscript entitled “Semi-Automated Counting of Axon Regeneration in Poly(Lactide Co-Glycolide) Spinal Cord Bridges” in the Journal of Neuroscience Methods.
- Congratulations to Jeff Liu and R. Michael Gower on the acceptance of their manuscript entitled “Transforming growth factor-beta 1 delivery from microporous scaffolds decreases inflammation post-implant and enhances function of transplanted islets” in Biomaterials.
- “In vivo capture and label-free detection of early metastatic cells” is published in Nature Communications and featured by Popular Science. Congratulations to Samira Azarin, and co-authors Michael, Brian, Ashley, and Shreyas. [Details]
- Ryan received the prestigious Nicholas A. Peppas Student Travel Grant Award from the Controlled Release Society to attend the Annual Meeting in Edinburgh, Scotland [Details]
- “Friendly Fire: When your Immune System Attacks” Feature article in Science in Society by Robert Kuo [Details]
- Congratulations to Rachel Smith, Ariella Shikanov, and Ekaterina Kniazeva on the acceptance of this manuscript entitled “Fibrin-mediated delivery of an ovarian follicle pool in a mouse model of infertility” in Tissue Engineering, Part A.
- Congratulations to Jia Wu and Seungjin Shin on the acceptance of their manuscript titled “Dynamic transcription factor activity profiles reveal key regulatory interactions during megakaryocytic and erythroid differentiation”. Other collaborators include Professor William Miller, members in his lab, and Professor Neda Bagheri.
- Congratulations to Kelan Hlavaty on the acceptance of her manuscript titled “Enhancing human islet transplantation by localized release of trophic factors from PLG scaffolds” to the American Journal of Transplantation.
- Congratulations to Ryan Boehler on the acceptance of his manuscript entitled “Lentivirus delivery of IL-10 to promote and sustain macrophage polarization towards an anti-inflammatory phenotype” in Biotechnology and Bioengineering. Congrats also to co-authors Seungjin, Robert, Ashley, Matt, and Michael.
- Congratulations to Michael Gower on the acceptance of his manuscript to the journal Biomaterials, entitled “Modulation of leukocyte infiltration and phenotype in microporous tissue engineering scaffolds via vector induced IL-10 expression”. Other authors also include Ryan Boehler, Samira Azarin, and Christine Ricci.
- Congratulations to Samira Azarin and Jonathan Woon Teck Yap on each of them receiving the Baxter Young Investigator Award.
- Congratulations to Aline Thomas on successfully defending her thesis on 7/18/2013.
- Congratulations to David Tagler on successfully defending his thesis on 7/17/2013.
- Congratulations to Jonathan Woon Teck Yap on successfully defending his thesis on 7/16/2013.
- Congratulations to Ryan Boehler on successfully defending his thesis on 6/3/2013.
- “A Metastasis ‘Magnet’ for Early Cancer Diagnosis” Feature article in Science in Society by Brian Aguado [Details]
- Congratulations to Aline Thomas on the acceptance of her manuscript entitled “Polysaccharide-modified scaffolds for controlled lentivirus delivery in vitro and after spinal cord injury” This modification of the PLG scaffold with heparin has become the base system for our spinal cord studies.
- Congratulations to JonathanWoon Teck Yap on the acceptance of his manuscript to Tissue Engineering entitled “Collagen IV-Modified Scaffolds Improve Islet Survival and Function and Reduce Time to Euglycemia”. This work was a mechanistic evaluation of how collagen IV enhances islet engraftment, which was originally demonstrated by David Salvay, who was also an author on the manuscript.
- Congratulations to Stephanie Seidlits and Michael Gower for the acceptance of the manuscript to Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery.
- Congratulations to Anaar Siletz on the acceptance of her manuscript entitled “Dynamic Transcription Factor Networks in Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition in Breast Cancer Models” to PLOS ONE.
- Congratulations to Jack Graham on the acceptance of his manuscript entitled “PLG Scaffold Delivered Antigen-Specific Regulatory T cells Induce Systemic Tolerance in Autoimmune Diabetes” to the journal Tissue Engineering!
- Congratulations to Stephanie Seidlits and Michael Gower for the acceptance of the manuscript to Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery.
- Congratulations to Aline Thomas on the acceptance (virtually) of her manuscript entitled “Bridges with high channel density, porosity for enhancing axon growth after injury” to the journal Biomaterials.
- Breakthrough Nanoparticle Halts Multiple Sclerosis – New nanotechnology can be used for Type 1 diabetes, food allergies and asthma [Details]
- Early Cancer Detection Technology Gets NIH Funds – Faculty Vadim Backman, Lonnie Shea receive $4.2 M for innovative research [Details]
- Congratulations to Hannah Tuinstra on the acceptance of her manuscript entitled “Gene delivery to overcome astrocyte inhibition of axonal growth: an in vitro model of the glial scar” to Biotechnology and Bioengineering.
- Congratulations to Jackie Shepard on the acceptance of her manuscript entitled “Hydrogel Macroporosity and the Prolongation of Transgene Expression and the Enhancement of Angiogenesis” to the journal Biomaterials.
- Congratulations to Michael Weiss on the acceptance of his manuscript entitled “Adhesion peptides differentially impact phenotype and signaling of normal and cancerous mammary epithelial cells in synthetic 3D hydrogels” to Biomaterials. There were many contributors to the manuscript, including Beatriz Peñalver Bernabé, Dennis Bluver, Ariella Shikanov, Michael Mui, and Seungjin Shin.
- Congratulations to Ariella Shikanov on the acceptance of her manuscript entitled “Fibrin encapsulation and VEGF delivery promotes ovarian graft survival in mice” in Tissue Engineering.
- Congratulations to David Salvay for acceptance of his manuscript, “Gene delivery by surface mobilization of plasmid to tissue engineering scaffolds” to Gene Therapy. Marina Zelivyanskaya was a co-author on the manuscript.
- Congratulations to Seungjin Shin for acceptance of his manuscript entitled “Phosphatidylserine immobilization of lentivirus for localized gene transfer” to Biomaterials. David Salvay was also a co-author on the manuscript.
- Building an Artificial Ovary – A New Tool for Understanding Reproductive Biology and Preserving Fertility [Details]
- Human egg cells grow to maturity in lab (July 13, 2009) [Details]
- Congratulations to Laura De Laporte on successfully defending her dissertation.
- The Shea Lab’s work on gene delivery is recognized and featured in Nature Methods. [Details]
- Xu et. al 2006 was named in Nat Med as the most highly cited work over the past 5 years by leaders in reproductive biology. [Details]
- Congratulations to Tiffany Houchin-Ray and Marina Zelivyanskaya for acceptance of their manuscript to Biotech and Bioeng, which identified that the transfection profile impacts neurite growth.