201. CM Dumont, DJ Margul, and LD Shea, “Tissue engineering approaches to modulate the inflammatory milieu following spinal cord injury”, Cells, Tissues, Organs, in press.
200. DP McCarthy, JW-T Yap, CT Harp, WK Song, J Chen, RM Pearson, SD Miller, and LD Shea, “An antigen-encapsulating nanoparticle platform for TH1/17 immune tolerance therapy”, in revision.
199. Desai, T and LD Shea, “Advances in islet cell encapsulation technologies”, submitted.
198. B Peñalver Bernabé, S Shin, PD Rios, LJ Broadbelt, LD Shea, SK Seidlits, “Characterization of dynamic transcription factor activity networks generated in response to independently altered mechanical and adhesive microenvironmental cues”, submitted.
197. Rao, SS, SM Azarin, G Spicer, GG Bushnell, BA Aguado, JR Stoehr, EJ Jiang, V Backman, JS. Jeruss, LD Shea, “Enhanced survival with implantable scaffolds that capture metastatic breast cancer cells in vivo”, in revision.
196. Rios, PD, X Zhang, X Luo, and LD Shea, “Mold-Casted Non-Degradable, Islet Macro-encapsulating Hydrogel Devices for Restoration of Normoglycemia in Diabetic Mice”, in press.
195. Smarr, C, JWT Yap, TP Neef, RM Pearson, ZN Hunter, I Ifergan, DR Getts, PJ Bryce, LD Shea, and SD Miller, “Biodegradable Antigen-Associated PLG Nanoparticles Tolerize Th2 Mediated Allergic Airway Inflammation Pre- and Post-Sensitization”, PNAS in press
194. Dumont CM, Park J, Shea LD.” Controlled release strategies for modulating immune responses to promote tissue regeneration. “ J Control Release. 2015 Dec 10;219:155-66.
193. Aguado BA, Caffe JR, Nanavati D, Rao SS, Bushnell GG, Azarin SM, Shea LD. “Extracellular matrix mediators of metastatic cell colonization characterized using scaffold mimics of the pre-metastatic niche”, Acta Biomater. 2016 Feb 1.
192. M Skoumal, S. Seidlits, S Shin, and LD Shea, “Localized lentivirus delivery via peptide interactions”, Biotech & Bioeng. In press.
191. JM Liu, J Zhang, X Zhang, KA Hlavaty, CF Ricci, JN Leonard, LD Shea, RM Gower, “Transforming growth factor-beta 1 delivery from microporous scaffolds decreases inflammation post-implant and enhances function of transplanted islets.” Biomaterials. 2016 Feb;80:11-9..
190. McCreedy, D, DJ Margul, SK Seidlits, JT Antaneb, RJ Thomasa, GM Sissmana, RM Boehler, DR Smith, SW Goldsmithb, TV Kukushliev, JB Lamano, BH Vedia, T He, and LD Shea, “Semi-Automated Counting of Axon Regeneration in PLG Spinal Cord Bridges”, J Neu Method, in press.
189. X Luo, SD Miller, and LD Shea, “Immune tolerance for autoimmune disease and cell transplantation”. Ann Rev Biomed Eng, in press.
188. AD Dubash, CY Kam, B Aguado, D Patel, M Delmar, LD Shea, KJ Green “Plakophilin-2 loss promotes TGF-β1/p38 MAPK-dependent fibrotic gene expression in cardiomyocytes, J Cell Biol. 2016 Feb 15;212(4):425-38
187. Hlavaty, KA, DP McCarthy, E Saito, WT Yap, SD Miller, LD Shea “Tolerance induction using nanoparticles bearing HY peptides in bone marrow transplantation” Biomaterials. 2016 Jan;76:1-10.
186. Xiao, S, J Zhang, KN Smith, LD Shea, TK Woodruff, “In vitro follicle growth supports human oocyte meiotic maturation”, Sci Reports, in press
185. Kniazeva, E. AN Hardy, SA Boukaidi, TK Woodruff, JS Jeruss, LD Shea “Primordial Follicle Transplantation within Designer Biomaterial Grafts Produce Live Births in a Mouse Infertility Model”, Sci Reports, in press.
184. Getts DR, Shea LD, Miller SD, King NJ. “Harnessing nanoparticles for immune modulation“ Trends Immunol. 2015 Jul;36(7):419-27.
183. Aguado, BA, JJ Wu, SM Azarin, D Nanavanti, SS Rao, GG Bushnell, CB Medicherla, and LD Shea, “Secretome identification of immune cell factors mediating metastatic cell homing”, Sci Reports, 2015.
182. Thomas AM, LD Shea, “Cryotemplation for the rapid fabrication of porous, patternable photopolymerized hydrogels”, J Mater Chem B Mater Biol Med 2(28):4521-4530, 2014.
181. Thomas AM, JL Palma, LD Shea. “Sponge mediated lentivirus delivery to acute and chronic spinal cord injuries”, J Control Rel 204:1-10, 2015.
180. Pawar K, Cummings BJ, Thomas A, Shea LD, Levine A, Pfaff S, Anderson AJ. “Biomaterial bridges enable regeneration and re-entry of corticospinal tract axons into the caudal spinal cord after SCI: Association with recovery of forelimb function.“ Biomaterials. 2015 Oct;65:1-12 [PMC4523232]
179. Skory RM, Y Xu, LD Shea, and TK Woodruff “Engineering the ovarian cycle using in vitro follicle culture” Hum Reprod 30(6) 1386-95 2-15.
178. Hlavaty, KA, X Luo, LD Shea, SD Miller, “Cellular and molecular targeting for nanotherapeutics in transplantation tolerance” Clin Immunol 2015.
177. Chen, J, SB White, KR Harris, W Li, JW Yap, DH Kim, RJ Lewandowski, LD Shea, AC Larson “Poly(lactide-co-glycolide) Microspheres for MRI-Monitored delivery of sorafenib in a rabbit VX2 model”, Biomaterials 299-306, 2015.
176. S. Xiao, F.E. Duncan, L Bai, CT Nguyen, LD Shea, and TK Woodruff. “Size-specific follicle selection improves mouse oocyte reproductive outcomes”, submitted.
175. Skory RM, Mutharasan P, Peñalver Bernabé B, Lei L, Garcia OA, Legro RS, Dunaif A, Shea LD, Urbanek M, Woodruff TK “Identification of mechanosensitive genes containing SNPs associated with PCOS using an in vitro-informed candidate approach”, submitted.
174. Azarin, SM, J. Yi, RM Gower, BA Aguado, ME Sullivan, AG Goodman, EJ Jiang, SS Rao, Y Ren, SL Tucker, V Backman, JS Jeruss, and LD Shea “An in vivo sensor for detection of metastasis”, Nat Comm 6:8094, 2015.
173. Gower, RM, K Hlavaty, J. Zhang, X Luo, LD Shea, “Localized TGF-ß1 release decreases immune cell infiltration, facilitates islet engraftment, and delays allogeneic graft rejection”, Biomaterials, in press.
172. Wood CD, Vijayvergia M, Miller FH, Carroll T, Fasanati C, Shea LD, Catherine Brinson L, Woodruff TK. Multi-modal magnetic resonance elastography for noninvasive assessment of ovarian tissue rigidity in vivo. Acta Biomater. 2015 Feb;13:295-300. doi: 10.1016/j.actbio.2014.11.022. Epub 2014 Nov 20. PubMed PMID: 25463483; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4295766.
171. Weiss, MS, BP Bernabe, S Shin, S Asztalos, SJ Dubbury, MD Mui, AD Bellis, D Bluver, DA Tonetti, J Saez-Rodriguez, LJ Broadbelt, JS Jeruss, and LD Shea “Dynamic transcription factor activity quantification for revealing the mechanisms of ErbB2 activity and targeted therapeutics in 3D cancer models”, 6(12):1170-82. 2014 doi: 10.1039/c4ib00086b. [PMC4237672]
170. Tarasewicz E, Rivas L, Hamdan R, Dokic D, Parimi V, Bernabe BP, Thomas A, Shea LD, Jeruss JS. Inhibition of CDK-mediated phosphorylation of Smad3 results in decreased oncogenesis in triple negative breast cancer cells. Cell Cycle. 2014;13(20):3191-201.
169. J Bryant, KA Hlavaty, X Zhang, WT Yap, L Zhang, LD Shea, X Luo “Nanoparticle delivery of donor antigens for transplant tolerance in allogeneic islet transplantation”, Biomaterials, 35(31):8887-9, 2014 [PMCID in process].
168. Xu J, Xu M, Bernuci MP, Fisher TE, Shea LD, Woodruff TK, Zelinski MB, Stouffer RL, “Primate follicular development and oocyte maturation in vitro”, Adv Exp Med Biol 761:43067, 2013.
167. Tagler D, Makanji Y, Tu T, Bernabé BP, Lee R, Zhu J, Kniazeva E, Hornick JE, Woodruff TK, LD Shea. “Promoting extracellular matrix remodeling via ascorbic acid enhances the survival of primary ovarian follicles encapsulated in alginate hydrogels”, Biotech Bioeng 111(7) 1417-29, 2014.
166. Laronda MM, Duncan FE, Hornick JE, Xu M, Pahnke JE, Whelan KA, Shea LD, Woodruff TK. Alginate encapsulation supports the growth and differentiation of human primordial follicles within ovarian cortical tissue. J Assist Reprod Genet 31(8) 1013-28, 2014.
165. Shea, LD, TK Woodruff, A Shikanov, “Bieengineering the ovarian follicle microenvironment” Annu Rev Biomed Eng 16:29-52, 2014.
164. Thomas, AM, AJ Gomez, JL Palma, WT Yap, LD Shea, Heparin-chitosan nanoparticle functionalization of porous poly(ethylene glycol) hydrogels for localized lentivirus delivery of angiogenic factors. Biomaterials 35(30) 8687-93, 2014.
163. AM Thomas, LD Shea, “Cryotemplation for the Rapid Fabrication of Porous, Patternable Photopolymerized Hydrogels”, J. Mater. Chem. B, 2 (28), 4521 – 4530, 2014.
162. WT Yap, WK Song, N Chauhan, PN Scalise, R Agrawal, and LD Shea, “Quantification of particle-conjugated or -encapsulated peptides on interfering reagent backgrounds”, BioTechniques, 2014 July 1. PMID:25005692.
161. R. Smith, A. Shikanov, E. Kniazeva, D. Ramadurai, T.K. Woodruff, and L.D. Shea, “Fibrin mediated delivery of an ovarian follicle pool in a mouse model of infertility”, Tissue Engineering Part A, 2014 Jun 12. PMID:24802617.
160. DP McCarthy, ZN Hunter, B Chackerian, LD Shea, and SD Miller, “Targeted Immunomodulation Using Protein Coated Nanoparticles”, Wiley Interdiscip Rev Nanomed Nanobiotechnol, 2014
159. MT Duncan, S Shin, JJ Wu, Z Mays, S Weng, N Bagheri, WM Miller, and LD Shea, “Dynamic transcription factor activity profiles reveal key regulatory interactions during megakaryocyte and erythrocyte differentiation”, Biotech and Bioeng. 2014 May 22. PMID: 24853077
158. Z Hunter, DP McCarthy, WT Yap, CT Harp, DR Getts, LD Shea, and SD Miller “A biodegradable nanoparticles platform for the induction of antigen-specific immune tolerance for treatment of autoimmune disease”, ACS Nano, Mar 25;8(3):2148-60, 2014. [PMC3990004]
157. A.M. Thomas*, S.K. Seidlits*, A.G. Goodman, T.V. Kukushliev, D.M. Hassani, B.J. Cummings, A.J. Anderson, LD Shea. (2013) Endogenous progenitors recruited after spinal cord injury by sonic hedgehog and neurotrophin-3 undergo oligodendrogenesis and improve myelination, Integrative Biology, Integr. Biol., 6 (7), 694 – 705, 2014.
156. Makanji Y, Tagler D, Pahnke J, LD Shea, and Woodruff TK. “Hypoxia-mediated carbohydrate metabolism and transport promotes early stage murine follicle growth and survival”, 2014 Apr 15;306(8). [PMC3989738].
155. Chen J, Sheu AY, Li W, Zhang Z, Kim DH, Lewandowski RJ, Omary RA, Shea LD, Larson AC. “Poly(lactide-co-glycolide) Microspheres for MRI-Monitored Transcatheter Delivery of Sorafenib to Liver Tumors”, 2014 Jun 28;184:10-7 [PMC4058431].
154. DR Getts, RL Terry, MT Getts, C Deffrasnes, M Muller, C van Vreden, TM Ashhurst, B Chami, D McCarthy, H. Wu, J. Ma, A Martin, B Wu, GS Kansas, J Kuhn, W Hafezi, IL Campbell, LD Shea, D Reilly, J Say, L Brown, MY White, P Witting, SJ Cordwell, SJ Chadban, EB Thorp, S Bao, SD Miller, NJC King, “Therapeutic inflammatory monocyte modulation using immune-modifying microparticles”, Science Translational Medicine, 2014 Jan 15;6(219) [PMC3973033].
153. Gower RM, Boehler RM, Azarin SM, Ricci CF, Leonard JN, Shea LD. Modulation of leukocyte infiltration and phenotype in microporous tissue engineering scaffolds via vector induced IL-10 expression, Biomaterials, Feb;35(6):2024-31, 2014. [PMC3932667]
152. Boehler RM, R Kuo, S Shin, AG Goodman AG, MA Pilecki, RM Gower, JN Leonard, LD Shea, “Lentivirus delivery of IL-10 to promote and sustain macrophage polarization towards an anti-inflammatory phenotype”, Biotech Bioeng, Jun;111(6):1210-21, 2014. PMID: 24375008.
151. Hlavaty, KA, RF Gibly, X Zhang, CB Rives, JG Graham, X Luo, WL Lowe, LD Shea, ”Enhancing human islet transplantation by localized release of trophic factors from PLG scaffolds”, Am J Transplantation 14(7):1523-32, 2014. PMID:24909237.
150. Getts DR, Martin AJ, McCarthy DP, Terry RL, Hunter ZN, Yap WT, Getts M, Pleiss M, Luo X, King NJ, Shea LD, and Miller SD, “Microparticles bearing encephalitogenic peptides induce T-cell tolerance and ameliorate experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis”, Nat Biotechnol. 2012 Dec;30(12):1217-24. [PMC: 3589822]. Addendum: Nat Biotechnol. 2013 Jun;31(6):565.
149. Barbolina MV, Liu Y, Gurler H, Kim M, Kajdacsy-Balla AA, Rooper L, Shepard J, Weiss M, LD Shea, Penzes P, Ravosa MJ, Stack MS, Matrix rigidity activates Wnt signaling through down-reuglation of Dickkopf-1 protein. J Biol Chem 288(1):141-51 2013.
148. Waimey KE, Duncan FE, Su HI, Smith K, Wallach H, Jona K, Coutifaris C, Gracia CR, LD Shea, Brannigan RE, Chang RJ, Zelinski MB, Stouffer RL, Taylor RL, Woodruff TK. Future directions in oncofertility and fertility preservation: a report from the 2011 oncofertility consortium conference. J. Adolesc Young Adult Oncol 2(1) 25-30, 2013.
147. Thomas, AM, Kubilius MB, Holland SJ, Seidlits SK, Boehler RM, Anderson AJ, Cummings BJ, and LD Shea, “Channel density and porosity of degradable bridging scaffolds on axon growth after spinal injury”, Biomaterials. 2013 Mar;34(9):2213-20. [PMC 3552139]
146. Tagler, D, Makanji Y, Anderson NR, Woodruff TK and LD Shea, “Supplemented αMEM/F12-based medium enables the survival and growth of primary ovarian follicles encapsulated in alginate hydrogels”, Biotechnol Bioeng. 2013 Jun 25. [PMC 3808526]
145. Thomas, A, and LD Shea, “Polysaccharide-modified scaffolds for controlled lentivirus delivery in vitro and after spinal cord injury”, J Control Release. 2013 Sep 28, 170(3):421-9. [PMC3742643]
144. Boehler, RM, S Shin, AG Fast, RM Gower, and LD Shea “A PLG/HAp composite scaffold for lentivirus delivery”, Biomaterials. 2013 Jul;34(21):5431-8. [PMC 3653272]
143. Seidlits, SK, RM Gower, JA Shepard, and LD Shea, “Hydrogels for lentiviral gene delivery”, Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery. 2013 Apr;10(4):499-509. [PMC 3648640].
142. WT Yap, DM Salvay, MA Silliman, X Zhang, ZG Bannon, DB Kaufman, WL Lowe, Jr. and LD Shea, “Collagen IV-Modified Scaffolds Improve Islet Survival and Function and Reduce Time to Euglycemia”. Tissue Eng Part A. 2013 Nov;19(21-22):2361-72. [PMC3807710].
141. JE Hornick, FE Duncan, LD Shea and TK Woodruff, “Multiple follicle culture supports primary follicle growth through paracrine-acting signals”, Reproduction 145(1):19-32 2013.
140. IR Brito, IMT Lima, M Xu, LD Shea, TK Woodruff, JR Figueiredo, “Three-dimensional systems for in vitro follicular culture: overview of alginate-based matrices“, Reprod Fertil Dev. 2013.
139. A. Siletz, M. Schnabel, E. Kniazeva, AJ Schumacher, S Shin, JS Jeruss, and LD Shea. “Dynamic Transcription Factor Networks in Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition in Breast Cancer Models”, PLoS One. 2013 Apr 8;8(4). [PMC 3620167]
138. HM Tuinstra, AG Goodman, SJ Holland, RM Boehler, ML Zelivyanskaya, DJ Margul, BJ Cummings, AJ Anderson, and LD Shea, “Long-term characterization of axon regeneration and matrix changes using multiple channel bridges for spinal cord regeneration”, Tissue Eng Part A, 2014 Mar;20(5-6):1027-37. [PMC3938917].
137. JG Graham, X Zhang, A Goodman, K Pothoven, J Houlihan, S Wang, RM Gower, X Luo, and LD Shea, “PLG Scaffold Delivered Antigen-Specific Regulatory T cells Induce Systemic Tolerance in Autoimmune Diabetes”, Tissue Eng Part A. 2013 Jun;19(11-12):1465-75. [PMC 3638535].
136. RM Skory, BP Bernabé, E Galdones, LJ Broadbelt, LD Shea and Teresa K Woodruff. “Microarray analysis identifies COMP as the most differentially regulated transcript throughout in vitro follicle growth”, Mol Reproduction and Dev, 2013 Feb;80(2):132-44. [PMC3730266]
135. RW Ahn, SL Barrett, MR Raja, JK. Jozefik, L Spaho, H Chen, MB Bally, AP Mazar, MJ Avram, JN Winter, LI Gordon, LD Shea, TV O’Halloran, and TK Woodruff, “Nano-encapsulation of arsenic trioxide enhances efficacy in a murine lymphoma model while minimizing chemotherapeutic fertotoxicity in vitro and in vivo”, PLoS One. 2013;8(3). [PMC 3603968].
134. P Mutharasan, E Galdones, BP Bernabé, O Garcia, N Jafari, LD Shea, TK Woodruff, RS Legro, A Dunaif, M Urbanek “Evidence for Chromosome 2p16.3 Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Susceptibility Locus in Affected Women of European Ancestry”, Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. 2013 Jan;98(1):E185-90. [PMC 3537106]
133. Tuinstra, H.M., M. DuCommun, W.E. Briley, and L.D. Shea, “Gene delivery to overcome astrocyte inhibition of axonal growth: an in vitro model of the glial scar”, Biotech & Bioeng. Mar;110(3):947-57, 2013. [PMC4035246]
132. Shepard, JA, FR Virani, AG Goodman, TD Gossett, S. Shin, and L.D. Shea, “Hydrogel macroporosity and the prolongation of transgene expression and the enhancement of angiogenesis.” Biomaterials Oct;33(30):7412-21, 2012. [PMC3418462]
131. Siletz, A., Kniazeva, JS Jeruss, and LD Shea, “Transcription Factor Networks in Invasion-Promoting Breast Carcinoma-Associated Fibroblasts” Cancer Microenvironment Apr;6(1):91-107, 2013. [PMC3601213]
130. Jen, MC, K. Baler, A.R. Hood, S. Shin, L.D. Shea, and G.A. Ameer “Sustained, localized transgene expression mediated from lentivirus-loaded biodegradable polyester elastomers”, J Biomed Mater Res A. 2013 May;101(5):1328-35. [PMC4058645]
129. Bellis, A.D., B.P. Bernabe, M.S. Weiss, S. Shin, S. Weng, L.J. Broadbelt, and L.D. Shea, “Dynamic Transcription Factor Activity Profiling in 2D and 3D Cell Cultures”, Biotechnol Bioeng. 2013 Feb;110(2):563-72. [PMC4073638].
128. Duncan, F.E., J.E. Hornick, M.A. Lampson, R.M. Schultz, L.D. Shea, and T.K. Woodruff, “Chromosome cohesion decreases in human eggs with advanced maternal age”, Aging Cell 11(6):1121-4. 2012. [PMC3491123]
127. Hornick, J.E., F.E. Duncan, L.D. Shea, and T.K. Woodruff, “Isolated primate primordial follicles require a rigid physical environment to survive and grow in vitro.” Hum Reprod. Jun;27(6):1801-10 2012. [PMC3357191]
126. Weiss, M.S. B.P. Bernabé, A. Shikanov, D.A. Bluver, M. D. Mui S. Shin, L.J. Broadbelt, and L.D. Shea, “The impact of adhesion peptides within hydrogels on the phenotype and signaling of normal and cancerous mammary epithelial cells” Biomaterials, May;33(13):3548-59, 2012. [PMC3288720]
125. Parrish, E.M., A. Siletz, M. Xu, TK Woodruff, and L.D. Shea, “Gene expression in mouse ovarian follicle development in vivo versus an ex vivo alginate culture system” Reproduction, Aug;142(2):309-318, 2011 [PMC3145246]
124. Tuinstra, H., M.O. Aviles, S. Shin, S.J. Holland, M.L. Zelivyanskaya, A. Fast, S. Ko, D.J. Margul, A.K. Bartels, R.M. Boehler, B.J. Cummings, A.J. Anderson, and L.D. Shea, “Multifunctional, multichannel bridges that deliver neurotrophin encoding lentivirus for regeneration following spinal cord injury”, Biomaterials. 1618-26, 2012. [PMC3237872]
123. Gibly, R.F., X. Zhang, W.L. Lowe Jr, and L.D. Shea, “Porous scaffolds support extrahepatic human islet transplantation, engraftment, and function in mice. Cell Transplant. 2013;22(5):811-9. [PMC 3701739].
122. Kidd ME, Shin S, and LD Shea. “Fibrin hydrogels for lentiviral gene delivery in vitro and in vivo”. J Control Release. 2012 Jan 10;157(1):80-5. [PMC3240728].
121. Boehler RM, Graham JG, LD Shea. “Tissue engineering tools for modulation of the immune response”. Biotechniques. Oct;51(4):239-40, 242, 244. 2011 [PMC 3526814].
120. Gibly, R.F., X. Zhang, M.K, Graham, B.J. Hering, D.B. Kaufman, W.L. Lowe, and L.D. Shea, “Extrahepatic islet transplantation with microporous polymer scaffolds in syngeneic mouse and allogeneic porcine models”, Biomaterials, Dec;32(36):9677-84, 2011. [PMC3195897]
119. Gower, R.M. and L.D. Shea “Biomaterial Scaffolds for Controlled, Localized Gene Delivery of Regenerative Factors” Advances Wound Care, 2013 Apr;2(3):100-106. Review. PubMed PMID: 24527333; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3623578.
118. Shin, S., M. Kidd, and L.D. Shea, “Fibrin hydrogels for lentiviral gene delivery in vitro and in vivo”, J Cont Rel. 10;157(1):80-5, 2012. [PMC3240728]
117. Tagler, D., T. Tu, R.M. Smith, N.R. Anderson, C.M. Tingen, T.K. Woodruff, L.D. Shea, “Embryonic fibroblasts enable the culture of primary ovarian follicles within alginate hydrogels”, Tissue Engineering, 18(11-12): 1229-38, 2012. [PMC3360509]
116. Shepard, J.A., A.C. Stevans, S Holland, C.E. Wang, A. Shikanov, and L.D. Shea, “Hydrogel design for supporting neurite outgrowth and promoting gene delivery to maximize neurite extension”, Biotech Bioeng, 109(3):830-9, 2012. [PMC3261518].
115. Shikanov, A., Z. Zhang, R. Smith, A. Rajan, T.K. Woodruff, and L.D. Shea “Fibrin encapsulation and VEGF delivery promotes ovarian graft survival in mice” Tissue Engineering Part A Dec;17(23-24):3095-104. 2011 [PMC3226061].
114. Gibly, R.F., J.G. Graham, X. Luo, W.L. Lowe, B.J. Hering, and L.D. Shea “Advancing islet transplantation: from engraftment to the immune response”, Diabetologia, Oct;54(10):2494-505, 2011 [PMC3193607].
113. Jang, J.H., D.V. Schaffer, and L.D. Shea “Engineering biomaterial systems to enhance viral vector gene delivery“ Mol Therapy, Aug;19(8):1407-15, 2011. [PMC3149164].
112. Hirshfeld-Cytron JE, Duncan FE, Xu M, Jozefik JK, Shea LD, Woodruff TK. Animal age, weight and estrus cycle stage impact the quality of in vitro grown follicles. Hum Reprod. 2011 Sep;26(9):2473-85. doi: 10.1093/humrep/der183. Epub 2011 Jun 13. PubMed PMID: 21669966; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3157625.
111. Shikanov, A., M. Xu, TK Woodruff, and L.D. Shea, “A method for ovarian follicle encapsulation and culture in a proteolytically degradable 3 dimensional system.“ JoVE, Mar 15;(49). pii: 2695. doi: 10.3791/2695. 2011. [PMC 3197327].
110. Tingen, C.M., SE. Kiesewetter, J. Jozefic, C. Thomas, D. Tagler, L.D. Shea, and T.K. Woodruff, “A macrophage and theca cell enriched stromal cell population influences growth and survival of immature murine follicles in vitro” Reproduction, Jun;141(6):809-20 2011. [PMID 21389078]
109. Kheradmand, T., S. Wang, R. Gibly, X. Zhang, S. Holland, J. Tasch, D. Kaufman, S. Miller, L.D. Shea, and X. Luo, “Permanent Protection of PLG Scaffold Transplanted Allogeneic Islet Grafts in Diabetic Mice Treated with ECDI-fixed Donor Splenocyte Infusions” Biomaterials, July;32(20):4517-24, 2011. [PMC 3387923]
108. Shepard, J.A., P.J. Wesson, C.E. Wang, A.C. Stevans, S. Holland, A. Shikanov, and L.D. Shea, “Gene therapy vectors with enhanced transfection based on hydrogels modified with affinity peptides”, Biomaterials, Aug;32(22):5092-9, 2011. [PMC3100417]
107. Barbolina, M.V., Y. Liu, H. Gurler, M. Kim, A.A. Kajdacsy-Balla, L. Rooper, J. Shepard, M. Weiss, L.D. Shea, P. Penzes, MJ Ravosa, M.S. Stack, “Matrix rigidity activates Wnt signaling through downregulation of dickkopf-1 protein”, J Biol Chem. 2012 [PMC3062036]
106. Xu, M., A. Fazlebas, A. Shikanov, E. Jackson, SL Barrett, J Hirshefeld-Cytron, SE Kiesewetter, LD Shea, and TK Woodruff, “In vitro oocyte maturation and preantral follicle culture from luteal phase baboon ovary produce mature eggs” Biol Reprod. Apr;84(4):689-97 2011, [PMC3062036]
105. Aviles, M, L.D. Shea, “Hydrogels to modulate lentivirus delivery in vivo from microporous tissue engineering scaffolds”, Drug Del Translational Res., 1:91-101, 2011. [PMC3249836]
104. Smith RM, Woodruff TK, Shea LD., “Designing follicle-environment interactions with biomaterials.” Cancer Treat Res. 2010;156:11-24. [PMC3071535]
103. Shikanov, A., R. Smith, M. Xu, TK Woodruff, and L.D. Shea “Hydrogel network design using multifunctional macromers to coordinate tissue maturation in ovarian follicle culture”, Biomaterials, Apr;32(10):2524-31, 2011.[PMC3040241].
102. Silber SJ, Woodruff TK, Shea LD. “To Transplant or not to Transplant”, Cancer Treat Res. 2010;156:41-54. [PMC3086495].
101. Woodruff, T.K. and L.D. Shea, “A new hypothesis regarding ovarian follicle development: ovarian rigidity as a regulator of selection and health”, J Assist Reprod Genet. 2010. [PMC3045494].
100. Weiss, MS, B.P. Bernabé, L.J. Broadbelt, J.S. Jeruss, and L.D. Shea “Dynamic, large-scale profiling of transcription factor activity from live cells in 3D culture”, PLoS One, Nov 17;5(11) 2010. [PMC2984444]
99. Bellis, A. B.P. Bernabé, M.S. Weiss, M.E. Yarrington, M.V. Barbolina, A.K. Pannier, J.S. Jeruss, L.J. Broadbelt, and L.D. Shea, “Cellular Arrays for Large-scale Analysis of Transcription Factor Activity”, Biotech and Bioeng, Feb;108(2):395-403, 2011. [PMC3022829]
98. Barbolina, M. Kim M, Liu Y, Shepard J, Belmadani A, Miller RJ, Shea LD, Stack MS, “Microenvironmental regulation of chemokine (C-X-C-motif) receptor 4 in ovarian carcinoma”, Mol Cancer Res. May;8(5):653-64 2010. [PMC2883461]
97. Barrett S, Shea LD, Woodruff TK. “Noninvasive Index of Cryorecovery and Growth Potential for Human Follicles In Vitro.” Biol of Reprod, Jun;82(6):1180-9, 2010. [PMC2874500]
96. Jin S, Lei L, Shea LD, Zelinski MB, Stouffer RL, Woodruff TK. “Markers of growth and development in primate primordial follicles are preserved after slow cryopreservation”. Fertil Steril. May 15;93(8):2627-32. [PMC2873131].
95. Shin S, Tuinstra HM, Salvay DM, Shea LD. Phosphatidylserine immobilization of lentivirus for localized gene transfer. Biomaterials. 2010 May;31(15):4353-9. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials. 2010.02.013. Epub 2010 Mar 4. PubMed PMID: 20206382; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2845527.
94. Salvay, D., M. Zelivyanskaya, L.D. Shea “Gene delivery by surface immobilization of plasmid to tissue engineering scaffolds” Gene Therapy, Sep;17(9):1134-41, 2010. [PMC2927809]
93. Shepard JA, Huang A, Shikanov A, Shea LD. Balancing cell migration with matrix degradation enhances gene delivery to cells cultured three-dimensionally within hydrogels. J Control Release. 2010 Aug 17;146(1):128-35. doi: 10.1016/j.jconrel.2010.04.032. Epub 2010 May 5. PubMed PMID: 20450944; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2914156.
92. Smitz J, Dolmans MM, Donnez J, Fortune JE, Hovatta O, Jewgenow K, Picton HM, Plancha C, Shea LD, Stouffer RL, Telfer EE, Woodruff TK, Zelinski MB. Current achievements and future research directions in ovarian tissue culture, in vitro follicle development and transplantation: implications for fertility preservation. Hum Reprod Update. 2010 Jul-Aug;16(4):395-414. doi: 10.1093/humupd/dmp056. Epub 2010 Feb 1. Review. PubMed PMID: 20124287; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2880913.
91. De Laporte, L. A. des Rieux, M.L. Zelivyanskaya, N.M. De Clerck, A.A. Postnov, and L.D. Shea, “VEGF and FGF-2 delivery from spinal cord bridges to enhance angiogenesis following injury”, JBMR, Sep 1;98(3):372-82, 2011. [PMC3190227]
90. De Laporte, L., A. Huang, M.M. Ducommon, A.F. Adler, M. Aviles, M. a Zelivyanska, and L.D. Shea, “Patterned transgene expression in multiple channel bridges after spinal cord injury”, Acta Biomaterialia, Aug;6(8):2889-97, 2010. [PMC2883021]
89. Aviles, M.O. C.H. Lin, M. Zelivyanskaya, J.G. Graham, R. Boehler, P.B. Messersmith, L.D. Shea, “The contribution of plasmid design and release to in vivo gene expression following delivery from cationic polymer modified scaffolds”, Biomaterials, Feb;31(6):1140-7, 2010. [PMC2821673]
88. Shin, S. and L.D. Shea, “Lentivirus immobilization to nanoparticles for enhanced and localized delivery from hydrogels”, Mol Therapy. Apr;18(4):700-6, 2010. [PMC2862523]
87. Rea, J.C., R.F. Gibly, N.E. Davis, A.E. Barron, and L.D. Shea, “Engineering Surfaces for Substrate-Mediated Gene Delivery using Using Recombinant Proteins”, Biomacromolecules 2009 Oct 12;10(10):2779-86. [PMC2765786]
86. Huang GT, Yamaza T, Shea LD, Djouad F, Kuhn NZ, Tuan RS, Shi S, “Stem/progenitor cell-mediated de novo regeneration of dental pulp with newly deposited continuous layer of dentin in an in vivo model” Tissue Eng Part A. Feb;16(2):605-15, 2010. [PMC2813150]
85. Shin, S. D.M. Salvay, and L.D. Shea “Lentivirus delivery by adsorption to tissue engineering scaffolds”, JBMR, Jun 15;93(4):1252-9, 2010. [PMC2906124]
84. Shikanov, A., M. Xu, T.K. Woodruff, and L.D. Shea “Interpenetrating Fibrin-Alginate Matrices for in vitro Ovarian Follicle Development” Biomaterials 2009 Oct;30(29):5476-85. [PMC2906124]
83. Roh J, Bae J, Lee K, Mayo K, Shea L, Woodruff TK. Regulation of Wilms’ tumor gene expression by nerve growth factor and follicle-stimulating hormone in the immature mouse ovary. Fertil Steril. 2009 Apr;91(4 Suppl):1451-4. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2008.07.012. Epub 2008 Sep 6. PubMed PMID: 18774569; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2749456.
82. Yang, Y., L. DeLaporte, M. Zelivyanskaya, B. Cummings, A. Anderson, and L.D. Shea “Multiple channel bridge in the injured spinal cord: Characterization of Host Response”, Tissue Eng 2009 Nov;15(11):3283-95. [PMC2792065]
81. Murthi, M., L.D. Shea, and R.Q. Snurr, “Numerical Problems and Agent-Based Models for a Mass Transfer Course”, Chem Eng Educ, 43(2), Spring 2009.
80. Tingen, C.M. S.K. Bristol-Gould, SE. Kiesewetter, J.T Wellington, L.D. Shea, and T.K. Woodruff, “Pre-pubertal Primordial Follicle Loss is Not Due to Classical Apoptotic Pathways”, Biol Reprod. 2009 Jul;81(1):16-25. [PMC 3093983].
79. Barbolina, M. L.D. Shea, and S. Stack “Downregulation of Connective Tissue Growth Factor by Three-Dimensional Matrix Enhances Ovarian Carcinoma Cell Invasion” Int J Cancer, Aug 15;125(4):816-25, 2009. [PMC2849282]
78. Zhang, X., H. Tang, R. Hoshi, L. De Laporte, H. Qiu, X. Xu, L.D. Shea, and G. Ameer “Sustained transgene expression via citric acid-based polyester elastomers” Biomaterials, 2009 May 30(13):2632-41. PMID 19200593
77. Jin, S., L. Lei, L.D. Shea, and T.K. Woodruff, “A novel two-step strategy for in vitro culture of early-stage ovarian follicles in the mouse”, Fertility and Sterility, May 15;93(8):2633-9, 2010. [PMC2873094].
76. Xu, M., E.R. West, R.L. Stouffer, L.D. Shea, T.K. Woodruff, and M. B. Zelinski, “Encapsulated three-dimensional culture supports development of nonhuman primate secondary follicles”, Biol Reprod. 103(2):378-86 2009. [PMC2731985]
75. Xu, M., S.L. Barrett, E. West-Farrell, L.A. Kondapalli, S.E. Kiesewetter, L.D. Shea, and T.K. Woodruff, “In vitro Grown Human Ovarian Follicles from Cancer Patients Support Healthy Oocyte Growth”, Hum Reprod Epub, Jul 13 2009. [PMC2743446]
74. Houchin-Ray, T, M. Zelivyanskaya, A. Huang, L.D. Shea “Nonviral gene delivery transfection profiles influence length of neurite extension in an in vitro co-culture model“.Biotech and Bioeng. 103(5):1023-33, 2009 [PMC2778227]
73. Xu, M., A. Banc, T.K. Woodruff, and, LD Shea, “Secondary follicle growth and oocyte maturation by culture in alginate hydrogel following cryopreservation of the ovary or individual follicles“ Biotech Bioeng 103(2):378-86 2009. [PMC2778231]
72. des Rieux, A, A. Shikanov, L.D. Shea “Fibrin hydrogels as non-viral vector delivery systems for tissue engineering“, J Cont Rel Jun 5;136(2):148-54, 2009. [PMC2752208]
71. De Laporte L, AL Yan L.D. Shea “Local gene delivery from ECM-coated poly(lactide-co-glycolide) multiple channel bridges after spinal cord injury.” Biomaterials. 2009 Jan 12 [PMC2752148]
70. West-Farrell, E., M. Xu, TK Woodruff, L.D. Shea, “The mouse follicle microenvironment regulates antrum formation and steroid production: alterations in gene expression profiles“ Biol Reprod, Mar;80(3):432-9, 2009. [PMC2764303]
69. Bengali Z, Rea JC, Gibly RF, Shea LD. Efficacy of immobilized polyplexes and lipoplexes for substrate-mediated gene delivery. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2009 Apr 15;102(6):1679-91. doi: 10.1002/bit.22212. PubMed PMID: 19148921; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2911033.
68. De Laporte, L., Y. Yang, M. Zelivyanskaya, B. Cummings A. Anderson, and L.D. Shea “Plasmid releasing multiple channel bridges for transgene expression after spinal cord injury“, Mol Ther 2009 Feb;17(2):318-26. [PMC2835056]
67. West, E., MB Zelinski, LA Kondapalli, C Gracia, J Chang, C. Coutifaris, J Critser, RL Stouffer, LD Shea, TK Woodruff “Preserving female fertility following cancer treatment: current options and future possibilities “ Pediatric Blood and Cancer 53(2):289-95, 2009. [PMC3081672]
66. Rea, J., R. Gibly, A. Barron, and L.D. Shea, “Self-Assembling Peptide-Lipoplexes for Substrate-Mediated Gene Delivery “, Acta Biomaterialia 2009 Mar;5(3):903-12. [PMC2752203]
65. Rives, C., A. des Rieux, M. Zelivyanskaya, S. Stock, W.L. Lowe, and L.D. Shea, “Layered PLG Scaffolds for In Vivo Plasmid Delivery”, Jan;30(3):394-401. 2009. [PMC2642007]
64. Houchin-Ray, T. A. Huang, E. West, M. Zelivyanskaya, L.D. Shea, “Spatially Patterned Gene Expression for Guided Neurite Extension “, J. Neuro. Res. 2009 Mar;87(4):844-56.. [PMC2764322]
63. Barbolina MV, Adley BP, Kelly DL, Fought AJ, Scholtens DM, Shea LD, Stack MS, Motility-related actinin alpha-4 is associated with advanced and metastatic ovarian carcinoma. Lab Invest. Jun;88(6):602-14 2008. [PMC2849305]
62. Rea JC, Barron AE, Shea LD. “Peptide-mediated lipofection is governed by lipoplex physical properties and the density of surface-displayed amines.” J Pharm Sci. Nov;97(11):4794-806 2008. [PMC2648398]
61. Barbolina MV, Adley BP, Shea LD, Stack MS. Wilms tumor gene protein 1 is associated with ovarian cancer metastasis and modulates cell invasion. Cancer. 2008 Apr 1;112(7):1632-41. doi: 10.1002/cncr.23341. PubMed PMID: 18260155.
60. Salvay, D.M., C.B. Rives, X. Zhang, F. Chen, D.B. Kaufman, W.L. Lowe, and L.D. Shea “Extracellular Matrix Proteins Adsorbed To PLG Microporous Scaffolds Promote The Reversal Of Diabetes Following Extrahepatic Islet Transplantation“, Transplantation 85(10):1456-64 2008. [PMC2597660]
59. Pannier, A.K., J. Wieland, and L.D. Shea, “Surface Polyethylene Glycol Enhances Substrate-Mediated Gene Delivery by Nonspecifically- Bound Complexes” Acta Biomaterialia Jan;4(1):26-39 2008. [PMC2170460]
58. Woodruff, T.K. and L.D. Shea “The Role of the Extracellular Matrix in Ovarian Follicle Development”, Reprod Sci. Dec;14(8 Suppl):6-10. 2007. [PMC2648348]
57. Xu M, Woodruff TK, L.D. Shea. “Bioengineering and the ovarian follicle”, Cancer Treat Res.; 138:75-82, 2007.
56. Weiss, M.S., J.S. Jeruss, and L.D. Shea, “Tunable Microenvironments for Three-Dimensional Culture in Cancer Research”, The Journal of the Roert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, XI(2), 26-31, 2007.
55. West, E., M. Xu, T.K. Woodruff, and L.D. Shea, “Physical properties of alginate hydrogels and their effects on in vitro follicle development”, Biomaterials, 28(30) 4439-48, 2007. [PMC2034204]
54. West, E.R., Shea, L.D., and Woodruff, TK. Engineering the follicle microenvironment. Semin Reprod Med. 25(4):287-99, 2007. [PMC2648402]
53. Bengali, Z. J.C. Rea, and L.D. Shea “Gene Expression and internalization following vector immobilization to proteins: dependence on protein identity and density” J Gene Med 9(8) 668-78. 2007 [PMC2659664]
52. Pannier, A.K., E. Ariazi, A.D. Bellis, Z. Bengali, V.C. Jordan, and L.D. Shea “Bioluminescence Imaging for Assessment and Normalization in Transfected Cell Arrays”, Biotech and Bioeng. 98(2) 486-97 2007. [PMC2648395]
51. De Laporte, L., and L.D. Shea “Matrices and Scaffolds for DNA Delivery in Tissue Engineering”, Adv. Drug Del. Reviews 59(4-5):292-307 2007 [PMC1949490]
50. Shea, L.D., “Back to the science of stem cell research – CHI’s 2nd annual meeting”, iDrugs 9(10) 699-701 2006. [PMC2648404]
49. Houchin-Ray, T.L., L. Swift, J.H. Jang, and L.D. Shea, “Patterned PLG substrates for localized DNA delivery and directed neurite extension“, Biomat. 28(16): 2603-11 2007. [PMC1876731]
48. T.F. Lerch, M. Xu, T. S. Jardetzky, K.E. Mayo, I. Radhakrishnan, R. Kazer, L.D. Shea, and T.K. Woodruff “At the Cutting Edge: The Structures that Underlie Normal Reproductive Function” Mol Cell Endo. 267(1-2):1-5 2007 [PMC1919436]
47. Wieland, J., T.L. Houchin-Ray, and L.D. Shea, “Non-viral vector delivery from PEG-hyaluronic acid hydrogels“, J Cont Rel., 120(3):233-41 2007. [PMC2648399]
46. Houchin-Ray, T.L., K.J. Whittlesey, and L.D. Shea, “Spatially Patterned Gene Delivery for Directed Neurite Outgrowth“, Mol. Ther. 15(4) 705-712, 2007. [PMC2648834]
45. Cheema, S.K., E. Chen, L.D. Shea, A.B. Mathur, “Regulation and Guidance of Cell Behavior for Tissue Regeneration via the siRNA Mechanism”, Wound Repair Regen 15(3) p. 286-95 2007. [PMID: 17537114]
44. Xu, M., E. West, L.D. Shea, and T.K. Woodruff “Identification of a Stage-Specific Permissive in vitro Culture Environment For Follicle Growth and Oocyte Development”, Biol Reprod. 75(6) 916-23, 2006.
43. Berkholtz, C.B., L.D. Shea, and T.K. Woodruff, “Extracellular matrix functions in follicle maturation”, Semin Reprod Med. 24(4) 262-9, 2006.
42. Berkholtz, C.B., B.E. Lai, T.K,Woodruff, L.D. Shea, “Distribution of extracellular matrix proteins type I collagen, type IV collagen, fibronectin, and laminin in mouse folliculogenesis.” Histochem Cell Biol. 126(5) 583-92, 2006
41. Bristol-Gould, S.K., P.K. Kreeger, C.G. Selkirk, S.M. Kilen, R.W. Cook, J.L. Kipp, L.D. Shea, K.E. Mayo and T.K. Woodruff “Postnatal regulation of germ cells by activin: The establishment of the initial follicle pool” Dev. Biol. 298 (1) 132-148, 2006
40. Bristol-Gould, S.K., P.K. Kreeger, C.G. Selkirk, S.M. Kilen, K.E. Mayo, L.D. Shea and T.K. Woodruff, “Fate of the initial follicle pool: Empirical and mathematical evidence supporting its sufficiency for adult fertility” Dev. Biol. 298(1) 149-154, 2006
39. Xu, M., P.K. Kreeger, L.D. Shea, and T.K. Woodruff, “Tissue Engineered Follicles Produce Live, Fertile Offspring“, Tissue Eng 12(10): 2739-2746, 2006.
38. Nieman CL, R Kazer, RE Brannigan, LS Zoloth, PL Chase-Lansdale, K, Kinahan, KJ Dilley, D. Roberts, LD Shea, TK Woodruff. “Cancer survivors and infertility: a review of a new problem and novel answers” J Support Oncol. Apr;4(4):171-8, 2006
37. Jang, J.H., L.D. Shea, “Intramuscular delivery of DNA releasing microspheres: microsphere properties and transgene expression” J Control Release. 112(1):120-8. 2006.
36. H. Blomeier, X. Zhang, C. Rives, E. Hughes, M Baker, M. Brissova, A.C. Powers, D.B. Kaufman, L.D. Shea, W.L. Lowe, Jr.,” Polymer Scaffolds as Synthetic Microenvironments for Extrahepatic Islet Transplantation”, Transplantation 82(4) 452-9 2006.
35. Salvay, D., and L.D. Shea, “Inductive tissue engineering by protein and DNA releasing scaffolds”, Mol Biosyst 2(1) 36-48 2006.
34. Jang, J.H., T. Houchin, Z. Bengali, and L.D. Shea. “Surface adsorption of DNA to tissue engineering scaffolds for efficient gene delivery” J Biomed Mater Res A. 77(1):50-8 2006.
33. De Laporte, L., J. Cruz-Rea, L.D. Shea “Modular non-viral vectors for gene delivery”, Biomaterials 27:947-954, 2006.
32. Kreeger PK, Deck JW, Woodruff TK, Shea LD. The in vitro regulation of ovarian follicle development using alginate-extracellular matrix gels. Biomaterials. 2006 Feb;27(5):714-23. Epub 2005 Aug 1. PubMed PMID: 16076485; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2648392.
31. Whittlesey, K.J., and L.D. Shea, Neurotrophic factor expression by degradable scaffold-mediated lipofection” Biomaterials 27 (11): 2477-86 2006.
30. Pannier, A.K. BC. Anderson, and L.D. Shea “Substrate-Mediated Delivery from Self-Assembled Monolayers: Effect of Surface Ionization, Hydrophilicity, and Patterning”, Acta Biomat. 1(5), 511-522, 2005.
29. Jang, J., C. Rives, and L.D. Shea, “Plasmid Delivery in Vivo from Porous Tissue-Engineering Scaffolds: Transgene Expression and Cellular Transfection”, Mol Ther, 12(3) 475-483, 2005.
28. Bengali, Z., and L.D. Shea, “Gene Delivery by Immobilization to Cell-Adhesive Substrates”, MRS Bulletin 30(9): 659-662, 2005.
27. Kreeger, P.K. N.N. Fernandes, T. K. Woodruff, and L.D. Shea, “Regulation of Murine Follicle Development by Follicle Stimulating Hormone in a Three-Dimensional In Vitro Culture System is Dependent on Follicle Stage and Dose” Biol. Reprod 73(5):942-50, 2005.
26. Yang, Y., L. De Laporte, C. Rives, J.H. Jang, K. Shull, and L.D. Shea, “Neurotrophin releasing single and multiple lumen nerve conduits”, J. Cont. Rel. 104(3):433-46, 2005.
25. Bengali, Z., A. Pannier, T. Segura, B.A. Anderson, J.H. Jang, T. Mustoe, and L.D. Shea “Gene delivery through cell culture substrate adsorbed DNA complexes “ Biotechnol. Bioeng. 90 (3): 290-302, 2005.
24. Segura, T., P. Chung, and L.D. Shea “DNA Delivery from Hyaluronic Acid-Collagen Hydrogels via a substrate-mediated approach”, Biomaterials 26:1575-1584, 2005.
23. Segura, T., P. Chung, R.E. Webber, K.R. Shull, and L.D. Shea “Crosslinked hyaluronic acid hydrogels: a strategy to functionalize and pattern”, Biomaterials 26(4): 359-371 2005.
22. Jang, J.H., T.L. Houchin, and L.D. Shea “Gene delivery from polymer scaffolds for tissue engineering”, Exp. Rev. Med. Dev., 1(1): 127-138, 2004
21. Pannier, A.K. and L.D. Shea, “Controlled release systems for non-viral vectors”, The Journal of the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University, Vol IX, p. 35-39, 2004
20. Whittlesey, K.J., and L.D. Shea, “Delivery Strategies for Drugs, Proteins, and DNA: The Neuroscience/Biomaterial Interface”, Expt Neurol 190(1):1-16, 2004.
19. Shea, L.D., and T.L. Houchin, “Modular design of non-viral vectors with bioactive components”, Trends in Biotech, 22(9):429-431, 2004.
18. Pannier, A.K. and L.D. Shea “Controlled release systems for DNA delivery”, Molecular Therapy 10(1): 19-26, 2004.
17. Segura, T., M. Volk, and L.D. Shea “Substrate-Mediated DNA Delivery: Role of the Cationic Polymer Structure and Extent of Modification”, J Cont Rel, 93(1): 69-84, 2003.
16. Kreeger, P., T.K. Woodruff, and L.D. Shea, “Murine granulose cells morphology and function are regulated by a synthetic RGD matrix”, Mol. and Cell. Endocrin. 205(1-2):1-10, 2003.
15. Pangas, S.A., H. Saudye, L.D. Shea, and T. K. Woodruff, ” A Novel Approach for the Three Dimensional Culture of Granulosa Cell-Oocyte Complexes”, Tissue Eng 9(5), 1013-1021 2003.
14. Jang, J., and L.D. Shea, “Controllable delivery of non-viral DNA from porous scaffolds”, J. Cont. Rel. 86: 157-168, 2003.
13. Segura, T. and L.D. Shea. “Surface-Tethered DNA Complexes for Enhanced Gene Delivery” Bioconj. Chem.13:621-29, 2002.
12. Nof, M., and L.D. Shea, “Drug-releasing scaffolds fabricated from drug-loaded microspheres”, J. Biomed. Mat. Res. 59(2):349-357, 2002.
11. Shea LD, Mooney DJ. Nonviral DNA delivery from polymeric systems. Methods Mol Med. 2001;65:195-207. doi: 10.1385/1-59259-139-6:195. PubMed PMID: 21318756.
10. Shea, L.D., R.R. Neubig, and J.J. Linderman, “Timing is everything: the role of kinetics in G-protein activation” Life Sciences. 68:647-658, 2000
9. Shea, L.D., D. Wong, R.T. Franceschi, and D.J. Mooney, “Engineered bone development from a pre-osteoblast cell line on three-dimensional scaffolds”, Tissue Engineering 6(6):605-618, 2000.
8. Eiselt, P., J. Yeh, R.K. Latvala, L.D. Shea, and D.J. Mooney. ” Porous carriers for biomedical applications based on alginate hydrogels.” Biomaterials 21(19):1921-27, 2000.
7. Sheridan, M, L.D. Shea, M.C. Peters and D.J. Mooney, “Bioabsorbable Polymer Scaffolds for Tissue Engineering Capable of Sustained Growth Factor Delivery”, J. Cont. Rel., 64 (1-3) 91-102, 2000.
6. M.C. Peters, L.D. Shea, and D.J. Mooney. “Protein and plasmid DNA delivery from tissue engineering matrices.” ACS Polymer preprints 40: 273-274, 1999.
5. Shea, L.D., B. Smiley, J. Bonadio, and D.J. Mooney, “DNA delivery from polymer matrices for tissue engineering”, Nature Biotechnology, 17(6) 551-554, 1999.
4. Shea, L.D. and J.J. Linderman, “Effects of Compartmentalization on Plasma Membrane Reaction Rates and Enzyme Activation for a Collision Coupling”, J. Theor. Biol., 191, 249-258, 1998.
3. Shea, L.D., G. M. Omann, and J.J. Linderman, “Calculation of Diffusion-Limited Kinetics for the Reactions in Collision Coupling and Receptor Crosslinking”,Biophysical J., 73, 2949-2959, 1997.
2. Shea, L.D. and J.J. Linderman, “Mechanistic Model of G-Protein Signal Transduction: Determinants of Efficacy and Effect of Precoupled Receptors”, Biochem. Pharm.. 53, 519-530, 1997.
1. Shea, L.D., D.L. Feke, and U. Landau, “Counteracting Flow Electrophoresis: A Technique for Separating Biochemicals or Charged Macromolecules”, Biotechnol. Prog., 10, 246-252, 1994.